Wednesday, February 1, 2012

As I get on up in years every now and then a song comes on the radio that just for a moment takes me back in time. It’s funny how music can transport us so completely back to our youth in a matter of seconds…often with just the first few notes. Boston’s “More than a feeling” definitely has that effect on me every time I hear it.

“More than a feeling” is as good now as it was when it was released back in 1976. From the first note to the last note it was beautifully written all the way through. This song was off the self titled album from the band “Boston” and it gave rock n roll fans a sound like none they had ever heard before. This wonderfully unique sound was is credited to guitarist Tom Scholz, Scholz by the way is an MIT graduate and a genius in the recording studio.

“More than a feeling” is truly a rock n roll classic that will undoubtedly stand the test of time. It is my opinion that it should be put high on a pedestal with other greats such as AC/DC’s “Black in Black” and Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven.” These too are songs that when the first notes are played seem to take me back to a different time and place. Hey if ya don’t believe me just plug the headphones in and listen for yourself…enjoy.

More than a feeling-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcSvPeWxcg

No comments:

Post a Comment