Friday, July 6, 2012

Ain't missing a thang


Going through some pictures saved on my computer, I recently found a few I’d forgotten about. This picture today is from the river behind the house where I live. Often times, I feel like I forget what beauty actually surrounds me here at home. As I ride my motorcycle, I look for places like these. I sometimes wonder if the people that live near the places I find, take them for granted like I do back home.

I wonder if I lived next to the Grand Canyon would the scenery eventually get old or lose it’s luster. I doubt it, but to some I’m sure that probably happens. The beach is another good example. To me the beach is intoxicating. Every time I have ever gone to the beach, I want to stay. A few times when I was younger I even asked around about permanent work down there. Something about the sand, sun and waves just draws me like a magnet. The beach to me is like a modern day “Neverland.” A place where you never really have to grow up. But, would I feel that way after a year or two…who knows.



I guess I have learned one thing from exploring around a little. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side…just a different shade of green. Here in Cullman Alabama, we have a waterfall that is the product of our cities water supply lake. When the lake is too full the overflow makes a beautiful roaring waterfall. To the locals it’s pretty cool, but to someone passing through it’s like OMG! Where am I going with all this…no where really. Just encouraging you to open your eyes and see the world around you…before you miss something.

No comments:

Post a Comment