Monday, March 2, 2015

What Is A Blogger?

What is a blogger? That is a question that I hear asked often. Even in this day and age of internet dependence, everyone isn’t up to speed on all of it. And that’s ok; many people have absolutely no need for the internet or anything online. I say to each his own, and live and let live.

As for blogging; to me blogging is like having your own show, but it happens to be in written form. The topics you write about are of your own choosing. The tone of your blog is set by you, and the opinions expressed are entirely yours too. A blog allows an author to share his or her side of a subject with their readers; these readers or fans sometimes number up in the millions. Bloggers sometimes do have quite an influence.

Other than expressing your feelings, why would anyone want to be a blogger? For me it helps to hone and hopefully improve my writing skills. Some bloggers blog about specific causes; this means they have found a niche and they stick with it. Niche blogging is the most successful way to earn a paycheck with your blogging. They develop large fan bases that are interested in their thoughts and opinions, and they write directly to that audience.

My blogJust Another Day,” is more of a random type blog. If I were just in blogging for the money I would probably start over and find a more defined niche to write about. Instead, I write about the things that are either important to me at the time or that have stirred some emotion inside me. Bloggers also get to be a little more personal in their writings. Article writers are often told point blank to stick to the facts, and some employers will turn down articles if a writer gives too much of his or her own opinion. This is my blog and I’m proud to say I have never turned myself down yet. 


Whether you are a first time reader of this blog or a regular, I think the world of each of you. I hope you will click on my “Just Another Day,” link every time a new one pops up and see what I have to say. I would be even more honored if you subscribed to my blog. If you like my blog or even don’t like my blog, feel free to tell me in the comments. You guys are great, have a nice day. Lowell Henderson

PS. Hit that share button. 

No comments:

Post a Comment