Thursday, June 11, 2015

Teenager Has a Brilliant Plan


Boyan Slat is a Dutch teenager that I hope you are going to hear about a great deal in the upcoming days. This young man has come up with a plan that could very possibly be the answer to the huge garbage patches in our oceans. Scientists for years have been working on this terrible problem with little actual success.

Boyan Slat’s plan is simple, but should prove to be quite effective. A V shaped buffer, or float, would be placed in position so that the natural flow of the ocean currents would bring the trash in to be collected. This seems like a much easier, and less costly plan, than having ships go out manually rounding up millions of tons of trash.

This type of thinking is refreshing and gives hope that all is not lost here on our big blue marble we call earth. Not even knowing this young man, I must say that I am still very proud of him and his way of thinking. For the sake of clean water and wildlife safety, I hope his plan is a tremendous success. If you’d like to read more on this story here is a link you may follow. http://news.yahoo.com/dutch-student-giant-ocean-cleanup-machine-going-production-232750675.html

Like many across the internet, I am tired of the constant negativity. I have decided to make some changes concerning “Just Another Day,” I am going to do my best to make this a blog that is about positive, inspiring, and generally uplifting stories. I think we already have enough writers spotlighting all that is wrong in the world today. I think I’ll do my part, and focus on the good for a while.

You guys have a great day.

Lowell Henderson

Lowellhenderson65@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment