Thursday, May 24, 2012

Written very late last night

Today, was one of those days that makes me wonder if I just wasted an entire day of my life. Got up a little later than usual, so naturally I started the day feeling rushed and behind. Matter of fact, I have felt like that all week. It seems that every time I have had my crew working and on track something has happened to completely screw it all up.

I guess my week started out so rough because my counterpart on the other shift had a really bad previous week himself. This is a normal thing for us. Fortunately, we have walked in each others shoes and don’t spend too much time playing the blame game. Playing that game almost always solves nothing and only helps us succeed in wasting time that we don’t really have to waste.

 

I guess as I ramble on about my sorry day, I need to look a little deeper and find a bright spot that I can focus on. Well, I guess the brightest thing about today would be that the crew hung in there and left the workplace better than they found it. This will hopefully in turn act as sort of a pay it forward kinda deal. It will make the next shifts work easier which I hope will benefit our shift next week. Sometimes, the best thing for a bad work week is to just get through it the best you can. Hold your head high, press forward till the job is done, then take time off to recharge yourself. Chin up to all of you still working this week…it’ll be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment