Friday, June 8, 2012

OMG! You Have to Work!

As I get close to finishing the rough draft on my first novel, I realize just how little I know about becoming a novelist. Just having written a story isn’t enough, even if it is a good one. You must find an agent to work with, not an easy task. You must have a little knowledge of how the market works and what is expected of you. And, one of the very most valuable things, you must be willing to work.
Lets say all goes well and your agent gets you a book deal. It’s not time to kick back and wait for royalty checks to come flooding in. It is time to work on your online presence. Blogging about your book is a terrific way to do just that. The more people that know who you are, the better off you will be when your book hit’s the shelves. I’ve been told by countless other writers to write something every day…with out fail. If you can do this and build a following, you will be ahead of the game in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment