Monday, October 26, 2020

What a Day

 

Reflecting back on the day, my mind plays over and over all the ignorance I have seen. One lady blew through a stop sign. With her phone riding high atop her steering wheel, she texted for half a block before she realized what she had done. She then slammed on the brakes and looked around to see who might have been watching. Another fine citizen stopped at a stop sign and proceeded to text as if he were waiting for the sign to change to green so he could go.


 

There was much more ignorance than that today out on the road, but we’ll move on for now. It’s not just the ignorance of this day and time that bothers me but the inconsideration of others as well. Parking in a handicap spot when you are perfectly healthy…not cool. Many times I have dropped my elderly mom off in town while I circled the parking lot, waiting for a closer spot to become available. Many times I have personally witnessed young healthy people come strolling out and get in there cars that were sitting in the handicap spot.

 

Unfortunately, the world is full of these self-absorbed, selfish individuals. It seems we are stuck with them. They feel entitled somehow to act this way. A product of their raising I guess. What to do about them, your guess is as good as mine. But if you have any suggestions, I’m all ears. Your comments below are always welcome. Please take the time to Follow my blog…just hit the little blue button. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment